Implant-Supported Crown – South Dallas, TX
Complete Your Smile with Dental Implants
Missing a tooth is no laughing matter. When even one is lost, you lose your self-esteem and your quality of life. Not only do you have difficulty chewing and speaking, but there are also issues brewing beneath the surface you cannot see. If you do not replace it, your jawbone begins to deteriorate, which could lead to additional tooth loss. Now, you can fill the space with the next best thing to your own with a dental crown in South Dallas. At Universal Dental, we have the solutions you need to regain a complete smile.
Single Tooth Replacement Options
When you lose a tooth, your jawbone is no longer stimulated because the root is missing. Over time it deteriorates, causing your teeth to lose support. They will start to shift toward the open space, resulting in alignment issues that increase your risk of tooth decay and gum disease. As more time passes, they can become loose and fall out.
Traditional dental prosthetics only replace the crown, but not a dental implant. It also replaces the root. By surgically placing an implant post into the jawbone, it acts as a root to stimulate new bone growth. This preserves your bone density to protect your remaining natural teeth.
Single Tooth Implant: A single tooth is replaced using an implant post, an abutment, and a crown. After the post is placed into your jaw, an abutment is attached to it to connect a custom-made crown. The crown is crafted to match the size, shape, and color needs to blend in when you smile.
Implant-Supported Bridge: Several teeth in a row can be replaced using an alternative to a traditional dental bridge in South Dallas. Instead of placing dental crowns on the adjacent teeth to hold it in place, one or two implant posts anchor it to your jawbone.
Benefits of Implant-Supported Tooth Replacement
The use of the post allows a dental implant to provide several benefits that are not possible with conventional treatments, such as:
- Over a 95% success: Dental implants are the most predictable solution to treat tooth loss. They have the potential to last for several decades.
- Looks and feels natural: With your jawbone fused to the post, it feels and functions like a real tooth.
- Improves your oral health: They provide your remaining teeth with the support they need to stay in place, reducing your risk of tooth decay, gum disease, and additional tooth loss.
- Preserves your jawbone’s density: The implant post encourages new bone growth.
- Doesn’t alter your natural teeth: Your teeth are left untouched because implants do not rely on them for support.
- Cost-Effective: Dental implants are more affordable long-term because they can last for 30 years or longer. You will not need to worry about having them replaced.
Invest in Your Smile Today!
You can fill the empty space in your smile with an implant crown in Garland. Universal Dental will improve your quality of life and your confidence. Contact our office today to see if dental implants are right for you.